10.05.2006

SMALLVILLE Ep. 6-002 "Sneeze"


Rating: 3

Lois & Clark... FINALLY sparks starts flying between this two characters (not that the sparks fizzled out when Lois Lane [Erica Durance] was first introduced I believe back in the series' 4th season; believe me, I saw the first episode she was in and...daime, I wished they'd work the Lois & Clark love story into it). Their first interaction at the beginning of this season, albeit a short and somewhat cheesy scene, gave me the tingles inside. Of course Lois & Clark Kent [Tom Welling] will get together, but seeing them interact at the stage before they both ended up working for the Daily Planet just makes the whole Lois & Clark pairing worth watching. -grins-

Anyway, Thursday night's episode is aptly titled SNEEZE, due to Clark's sudden 'illness' and blowing a barn door 7 miles from the Kent Farm with one sneeze.

Surprise! It's a new Clark power discovered! Whoopee!

Actually after this series' first season I lost interest in it, even after they introduced Lois Lane as Chloe's [Allison Mack] cousin, I really lost my appetite for this series. I dunno why I decided to watch this season's opening episode. Maybe it had something to do with Lana [Kristen Kreuk] & Lex [Michael Rosenbaum] finally getting it on. It was foreshadowed in the first season episode (can't remember which one right now) that Lex has a thing for the popular girl, Lana Lang.

Now Lana's embroiled in the turbulent life of Lex Luthor, rich-boy extraordinaire, and...well I couldn't be more happier; they seem to have...well, seriously, I believe Lex is in love with Lana, but Lana...Kristen's acting doesn't really appeal to me. It leaves me feeling...well, very unsatisfied with the way she delivers her lines, her facial expressions...the only episode I enjoyed watching her in was when she turned to a vampire, but in other episodes...she lacks...let's just say she needs to work more on her facial expressions. She comes across as flat to me.

Clark with Chloe or Clark with Lois illicted more giggles from me than seeing Clark with Lana!

Anyway, Thursday night's episode was entertaining. It rejuvinated my waning interest in Smallville, but this season promises to be something WORTH tuning in to -- again. But we'll see...

No comments: